TP-40N 44-47923



This Hawk was built as part of the P-40N-40-CU production block and is the only factory-built
TP-40N to survive in its original configuration. She made her first post-restoration flight in
April of 2004 and is currently part of Kermit Weeks' Fantasy of Flight Museum in Florida.




These first three photos were taken during the dedication ceremony of Chennault AFB in 1958.


McNeese State University Library - Larger Image


McNeese State University Library - Larger Image


McNeese State University Library - Larger Image



Seen at Orange County Airport on July 21st, 1960, 44-47923 was at the time owned by Paul Mantz.


Bill Larkins photo - Larger Image



This photo was also taken at Orange County Airport, in 1961.


Posted by 'sledge39' on the Warbird Information Exchange Forums - Larger Image



Shown here at Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport in April of 1986, 44-47923
had been acquired by Kermit Weeks the previous year.


Larry Johnson photo - Larger Image



The photos below were show this Hawk in June of 2005.



Wayne Dippold photo - Larger Image


Wayne Dippold photo - Larger Image


Wayne Dippold photo - Larger Image


Wayne Dippold photo - Larger Image


Wayne Dippold photo - Larger Image


Wayne Dippold photo - Larger Image


Wayne Dippold photo - Larger Image


Wayne Dippold photo - Larger Image


Wayne Dippold photo - Larger Image



Back to 'Survivors'